Breathtaking

Breathtaking
Capture the moment for it takes seconds to vanish!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Little Owl Purse

Hello there again! Lately I have been on a crocheting kick and have been making and creating for several months now. Crocheting is relaxing and quite portable so for the time being, this is my choice of crafting time. I found a pattern on the internet for a cute little owl coin purse so thought I would test it out and see how I liked it. Well, I started working the pattern (yes, as written) and kept referring back to the image on the pattern because MY OWL PURSE LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THAT PARTICULAR IMAGE!! I am a person that will rip it out try again, rip it out, try again to correct where I have gone astray BUT NOOOO, I FOLLOWED the written pattern and got a TOTALLY different SHAPE!!! Scratching my head on that one STILL. I will however, make the pattern again & try to seriously get to the bottom of where it goes astray. lol BUT, I must add here, I truly think my owl purse worked up to be a much cuter shape than the pattern depicts. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this little owl purse and it is perfect for my grand daughters! The difference in the two are: in the photo above the outside bottom edges should not angle out as they do here, they SHOULD be the shape of a stop sign image! Go figure! I mean, this whole pattern is not of that shape! lol The eyes, the talons, and the owl hood is the same as the pattern. I just thought I would jot this down aso I remember the next time I make this pattern so I do not rip it out again & again ... just work it the way it is! Oh and one more thing to remember, I worked this pattern with 2 strands as one, one of which was the boucle yarn to give it that ruffley soft feather look and the other yarn was a 4 ply weight. Love the look and will definitely do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment