Breathtaking

Breathtaking
Capture the moment for it takes seconds to vanish!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Painting Adventures began with Paint and Palette

Hello to all bloggers out there! It has been far too long since my last post so I am excited to share this one with you. My dear friend, Kim, of 35+ yrs and I have been on quite an adventure since August of this year. Well, to be honest, our adventure of painting on canvas started a few months earlier. I am thinking it was possibly April. Kim and I have dabbled in all sorts of crafts over the years but she had never painted on canvas before. Long story short, I had purchased a Groupon for Wine and palette San Diego ( https://wineandpalette.com ) so invited her to experience painting on canvas with me. To be fair and honest, I had only had the pleasure of painting on canvas maybe 4 times prior to this. Let me explain the experience for those of you who may not have heard of wine and palette before. It is a group setting (anywhere between 25 - 75 people) where you pay a small fee and each person paints a 16" x 20" canvas that you get to take home at the end of the session. There is an instructor who takes you step by step and teaches you to paint the particular painting subject of that session. All paints, canvas, brushes are provided for your use and NO EXPERIENCE is necessary for the class, which is generally 2 - 3 hrs long. If you have not tried this in your area yet, trust me, you are missing out! It has all the components for a fun night out and a great date night for sure. Ok, so that one night of painting proved to be a turning point in Kim's and my crafting experiences, because since then we now get together every Saturday night for painting!!
We have since purchased our own supplies and turn her kitchen into into our paint studio for the night! We make it a girls night and have dinner first, (we alternate - one provides dinner, the other dessert each week) then we get started painting! :) We have, if I do say so myself, painted some beautiful art pieces that now decorate our homes as well as family and friends homes. :)
Our painting adventure continues . . .  





No comments:

Post a Comment